- Send a cover letter addressed to the civil registry as a marriage petition with your wish to get married on Curacao (date, time and location). The letter should contain your personal information, full address of both parties, phone/fax number and e-mail address. The future husband and wife must both be at least 18 years of age and should both sign the letter. Documentation you need to enclose:
- Clear, legible copies of both passports
- Certified copies of your birth certificates. The issue date must be less than 6 months before date of marriage, along with an Apostille stamp on each
- Proof of single status
- If applicable, divorce papers or death certificate of former spouse
- Declaration of single status from the time of divorce or death of former spouse until present
- Names of parents, mothers' maiden names, and their dates and places of birth
- Professions of bride, groom and their parents
- Copy passport witnesses. Six witnesses must be present for the actual on location ceremony. Please inform the wedding Coordinator if it will be just the two of you and we will be more than happy to arrange six witnesses for you
- Besides the passports all documents must be the original documents and need to be presented with the proper certified Apostille seal, and documents shouldn’t be older than 6 months
- You may be asked for more documents, this depends on your personal circumstance
- Within two weeks after the Register Office has received and checked your documents, you will be notified if everything is in order and when and at time your marriage will be performed.
- In order to identify the bridal couple it is important that you report to the Register Office 3 days at the latest before your get married; you can then also make the acquaintance of the official of the Register Office.
- The register's office should be contacted for specific rules regarding planning your destination or beach wedding in Curacao. They will also provide information regarding marriage licenses and marriage certificates.
Please send all your documents to and visit the Register Office at:
Civil Register Office (Kranshi)
Roodeweg # 42, Willemstad - Curaçao
Phone: (+5999) 434 1600 | Fax: (+5999) 461 8166
E-mail: [email protected]